Venus838FLPx-L with special customized firmware for small satellite, micro satellite, CubeSat space applications, providing continuous accurate position and velocity determination.
Our Venus838FLPx-L and equivalent GPS/GNSS modules for CubeSat-like applications are used by Boston, Chubu, Delft, Harvard, Kyutech universities.
* GPS L1 C/A Code, All-In-View Tracking
* Maximum velocity 10Km/sec+
* Supports Active or Passive GPS Antennas
* Protocols: NMEA 0183
* UART 9600-8-N-1, 3.3V-CMOS levels
* Dimensions 10mm x 10mm x 1.3mm
* Power Consumption: 55mA @ 3.3V
* Weight: 0.3gram
* 167 channel Venus 8 engine
* 1 ~ 50 Hz update rate
* Position accuracy 2.5m CEP
* Velocity accuracy 0.1m/sec
* Warm start TTFF under open sky 29sec average
* Cold start TTFF under open sky 30sec average
* Cold start sensitivity -148dBm
* Tracking sensitivity -165dBm
* Atomic clock synchronized 1PPS time reference with +/-10nsec accuracy
Venus838FLPx-L and equivalent GPS or GPS/GNSS module products with customized firmware for small satellite application are used by companies and universities in Japan, Netherlands, and USA. Sold only to Universities and companies working on small-satellite, micro-satellite, or CubeSat; a declaration letter from the institution stating that it's used only for small-satellite, micro-satellite, or CubeSat is required for the order.
The device is offered as customized firmware version Venus838FLPx suitable for micro/small-satellite applications; the altitude and velocity specs listed in the above standard Venus838FLPx datasheet does not apply; use it only for other pin-out, dimension, sensitivity, current consumption,…etc. information.